Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 11.16-11.22
• Worked on and posted about Ornaments every day. Join me for the Mini Give-aways and the Grand Give-away. Details here.
• gave Mary Jane her Purple Paw ornament for the 2nd Mini Give-away. Here is a picture of it on their beautiful tree.
• called my Grandpa in England.
• contacted Sara for the Craftaholics Anonymous Handmade Gift Exchange. Started planning out what I want to make for her.
• still reading Stranded by Dani Pettrey.
• worked on a knitting project. Details to come later.
• made a couple of dog beds.
• Skyped/Knit with a friend who lives in San Diego.
• met with friends for coffee and knitting.
• finished The Bletchley Circle, Series 2.
• watched 3 episodes of the new season of Dr. Who with Peter Capaldi.
• posted to Instagram for the #dogphotoaday challenge. I fell behind one day, but caught up and am still having so much fun! My favorite from the week? Family
• mailed my first letter to my pen pal in Australia. It was difficult to keep the page count down.
• walked the dogs everyday.
• started listening to Serial, a podcast. So awesome!
• planned and mapped out the next month and a half of activities. I know that sounds bizarre, but I was starting to feel overwhelmed with how fast the days are flying and I’m afraid I’m going to run out of time. The schedule I’ve made for myself is punishing, but do-able. Good thing, is it’s all fun stuff!
Walk On | Week of 11.23-11.29
• call my Grandpa in England.
• make more dog beds and collars to sell on Etsy.
• post daily to Instagram for the #dogphotoaday challenge.
• prep, organize and post my November blog series, “30 Days of Christmas Ornaments”.
• celebrate my 46th birthday and the start of Quest46 – finally!
• begin planning and prepping December Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• make birthday cards for December birthdays.
• decorate tree at local Zoo for the Wild Nights, Holiday Lights event.
• finish reading Stranded by Dani Pettrey.
• celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends
• celebrate November birthdays with out of town family.
My favorite quote from the week: “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” Charles Dickens.
Happy Birthday, Mom. We want you to know that on your birthday you can do whatever you want. And we think ‘whatever’ should include a long walk, food, playtime, more food and a nap. We love you!
It’s nice how they always think of you!