As you may have gathered from several of my blog posts, I really like crafts. It all started with the sewing cards my mom gave me when I was 4. From there I progressed to crochet and have never looked back. Since then I’ve spent many years learning all kinds of ways to create cute stuff. I’ve also discovered that I love to teach and show others as well.
I particularly enjoy making greeting cards and I’ve included video instructions in this post for this really simple card that can be used for any occasion, but with St. Patrick’s Day around the corner and inspired by the color green, I created this gem. Initially I was going to make shamrocks with the hearts, but that idea worked better in my head than in real life. I used a technique involving washi tape and punches. That’s the creative process for ya!
This is hopefully the first of many process videos. I hope you enjoy it and are inspired to try this technique yourself. I’ve included a list of the supplies I used below the video and feel free to comment or email me if you have any questions.
- Stampin’ Up | Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Stampin’ Up | Wild Wasabi 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Stampin’ Up | Heart Punch – no longer available, but any heart shape would work
- Stampin’ Up | Stampin’ Write Markers
- Stampin’ Up | Sticky Strip Adhesive
- Stampin’ Up | Snail Adhesive Tape Runner
- Stampin’ Up | “Happy Everything” stamp – no longer available, but you can customize the sentiment
- Wishy Washi | A great selection of washi tape
- Washi Tape | Fernwood-wood grain
- Washi Tape | Pickle juice Stripe – Bella Blvd.
- Martha Stewart | Punch – Heart Confetti
- We R Memory Keepers | Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper Tool
- EK Success | Cutter Bee Precision-Cut Scissors
I would like to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
I tried to tell mom that I didn’t need the silly shamrocks but she insisted.