Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 6.6-6.13
• still watching West Wing again (for the 3rd time). Only 2 seasons to go.
• watched a friend’s dog for a few days.
• finished reading Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton.
• walked the dogs. Decided to keep track of our walks on a calendar. So far for 2015: 144 out of 166.
• watched all three of the Taken movies.
• designed a flyer for my aunt’s business.
• had coffee and knitted with friends. So good to catch up on life since they were on vacations.
• had my mom, her two dogs and my niece over to stay for a couple of nights. So much fun.
• continued with the Photo-a-day challenge for June.
• wound a couple skeins of newly purchased wool.
• continued with the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• still working on Margaret’s scarf.
Walk On | Week of 6.14-6.20
• call my grandpa in England (I missed him this week).
• continue with the Photo-a-day challenge for June.
• attend a wedding of a dear friend’s daughter.
• continue to work on Margaret’s scarf.
• celebrate my nephew’s birthday.
• start embroidering the first panel of Mike’s Dr. Who Quilt.
• continue to make the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• continue to organize my craft room. I work on this all the time. It’s taking so long because I’ve re-organizing sections and trying to make things more efficient. One day it will be done.
• enjoy a family dinner with cousins and their kids.
• continue with the Clean Mama Simple Summer Challenge.
• start posting some items to Etsy.
• start reading Death of a Prankster by M.C. Beaton.
• work on Quest46.
My favorite quote from the week: “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.”
I’ve really enjoyed our occasional double walks. Feel free to make those daily.