Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 3.22-3.28
• spoke to my grandpa this week. He’s doing great.
• still mini Spring Cleaning my house and garage. Making huge progress, but it’s considering it’s been 25 years, I’ve got a ways to go!
• took care of a friend’s dog.
• continued reading Platform by Michael Hyatt.
• discovered our water heater had a huge leak; called Mike’s dad then the plumber. Thankfully no extensive damage.
• took several trips to Goodwill to drop off stuff.
• signed up with Goodreads; actually I reactivated my account. Great way to connect with fellow readers and keep track of books I’ve read and books I want to read.
• started walking 3 days/week with my mom. So much fun.
• had dinner with some dear friends.
• walked the dogs everyday. Decided to keep track of our walks on a calendar. So far for 2015: 84 out of 89.
• started reading Michele Cushatt’s book Undone. It’s hard to put down.
• continued with the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• still working on Margaret’s scarf.
• worked on and posted projects for MakeMadness.
Walk On | Week of 3.29-4.4
• call my Grandpa in England.
• knit and drink coffee with friends.
• finish up with the Photo-a-day challenge for March.
• celebrate Mike’s birthday.
• continue to work on Margaret’s scarf.
• prep crafts for the Easter Fair at our church and run the booth.
• need to make and post cards from January Card Series || Cards for 2015 in my Etsy shop. Have.got.to.get.this.done. Been waylaid by Spring Cleaning
• FINISH the mini Spring clean of my house.
• take care of a friend’s dog.
• start prepping for Mike’s Dr. Who Quilt.
• start pulling out fabric for a couple of super easy baby quilts.
• continue to make the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• have lunch with friends
• continue to organize my craft room. You’re probably wondering when I’ll be done with this. Me too.
• start prepping for April blog series.
• Skype and knit with a friend.
• continue reading Platform by Michael Hyatt and Undone by Michele Cushatt.
• work on Quest46.
• work on and post projects for MakeMadness.
My favorite quote from the week: “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.” Jim Rohn.
We’re wondering if you would help us with a gift for dad’s birthday. We have no funds and can’t craft, but we have endless love, hugs and kisses.