Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 3.1-3.7
• finally able to talk with my grandpa this week. He’s feeling much better.
• continued tidying my craft room. Organized all my ribbon and embellishments.
• met for coffee and knitting with friends.
• finished reading Scary Close by Dan Miller.
• started reading Platform by Michael Hyatt.
• walked the dogs almost everyday. Decided to keep track of our walks on a calendar. So far for 2015: 60 out of 66.
• delivered a meal to a family through our meal ministry at church. Love doing that.
• continued with the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• still working on Margaret’s scarf.
• took care of a friend’s dog.
• made two coffee cozies at a Pinterest party.
• spent the afternoon crafting with a friend.
Walk On | Week of 3.8-3.14
• call my Grandpa in England.
• knit and drink coffee with friends.
• teach a friend’s daughter how to sew.
• keep up with the Photo-a-day challenge for March.
• continue to work on Margaret’s scarf.
• need to make and post cards from January Card Series || Cards for 2015 in my Etsy shop.
• celebrate Woody’s 13th birthday.
• do a mini Spring clean of my house.
• go to Pinterest party with friends.
• continue to make the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• continue to organize my craft room. You’re probably wondering when I’ll be done with this. Me too.
• run the inventory at an auction fundraiser.
• Skype and knit with a friend.
• continue reading Platform by Michael Hyatt.
• work on Quest46.
• get my hair cut.
• work on and post projects for MakeMadness.
My favorite quote from the week: “What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” Erin Hanson.
We’ve been talking about what we’re going to get for Woody for his birthday. Mindy suggested some tennis balls and I thought a box a treats would be great. We’re both hoping he’ll ‘share’ his gifts with us.