Welcome to Saturday Snippets. This is where I share links and odd bits of info from the past week.
1. Do you have grit?
2. Now this is a hotel that I want to visit.
“If you miss your dogs while on vacation, you’ll love the Aloft hotel in Asheville, North Carolina–but you may need to make room for an extra passenger on the way home! In July, the lodging chain’s downtown location teamed up with Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue to host a dog until a forever home could be found.”
4. It was just a matter of time before smartphone technology reached the canine world. This week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Motorola unveiled the Scout 5000, a collar which is being billed as a smartphone for dogs. Apparently it gives you the ability to see what your dog is doing when you’re not home as well as speak to your dog. I think that would completely freak my three out.
5. Knit Picks sells yarn, patterns and knitting supplies and is one of my favorite companies. You can imagine my glee when the latest catalog arrived on Wednesday with this picture of the front. I’m adding this project to my Quest47 list. It’s a Fair Isle design that will definitely challenge my knitting skills.
Well that’s all the snippets I have for today. Have a wonderful Saturday,
Okay two things:
1. Not crazy about the collar.
2. Not crazy about you visiting that hotel with the adoptable dogs. We’re at our max!