Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 12.7-12.13
• joined a group at church to sing Christmas carols at two nursing homes. So much fun!
• called my Grandpa in England.
• continued to read The God Ask: A Fresh, Biblical Approach to Personal Support Raising with Mike. Even though this book is really for Mike and his work, I’m already thinking about ways I can help with this. I’m really excited for him.
• watched Miracle on 34th Street, Heidi, Frosty the Snowman, Elf, I Remember Mama
• made an Advent Calendar for my dogs.
• went to Mike’s work Christmas party. Such a wonderful time and really good food.
• coffee and knitting with friends. An excellent combination. Worked on some kitchen scrubby sponges.
• walked the dogs everyday except Thursday when it rained buckets. Here’s a beautiful rose that was in bloom.
• had an early morning (7am!) dentist appointment to fix a filling.
• finished decorating for Christmas! Blog post to follow.
• almost finished Christmas cards.
• cooked my first turkey (with tons of help from my mom).
• worked on a knitting project. Details to come later.
• finished the dog’s Christmas tree.
• almost finished with all my Christmas shopping. Two presents to go!
• lovely Christmas get-together with my side of the family.
Walk On | Week of 12.14-12.20
• get together with some long time friends for Christmas festivities.
• call my Grandpa in England.
• make more dog beds and collars to sell on Etsy.
• taking part in a December Photo-a-day challenge. A lot behind, but will catch up.
• make birthday cards for December birthdays.
• prep January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• send out Christmas cards.
• continue watching Christmas movies.
• finish Christmas shopping.
My favorite quote from the week: “Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can.” Unknown.
We’re really excited that you know how to cook turkey now.