Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 11.23-11.29
• Worked on and posted about Ornaments every day. Join me for the Grand Give-away. Details here.
• gave Alan C. his Tiny Sweater ornament for the 3rd Mini Give-away.
• celebrated my 46th birthday with my family. Even made sugar-free Creme Brulee. (It was so good!!!)
• called my Grandpa in England.
• Prepped December Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• started browsing through Lore of Running, 4th Edition (Q46-8) by Tim Noakes. A gift from my brother and his family for my birthday. I’ll start reading it in the new year.
• started reading The God Ask: A Fresh, Biblical Approach to Personal Support Raising with Mike. I decided to make it one of my 24 books for the year.
• decorated tree at local Zoo for the Wild Nights, Holiday Lights event.
• finished reading Stranded (Alaskan Courage Book #3) by Dani Pettrey.
• celebrated Thanksgiving with family and friends
• paid bills
• celebrated November birthdays with out of town family.
• walked the dogs everyday.
• worked on a knitting project. Details to come later.
• enjoyed a breakfast and a dinner with lovely friends.
• posted to Instagram for the #dogphotoaday challenge. My favorite from the week? Cuddle.
Walk On | Week of 11.30-12.6
• call my Grandpa in England.
• make more dog beds and collars to sell on Etsy.
• finish and mail Sara’s gift for the Craftaholics Anonymous Handmade Gift Exchange.
• post final picture to Instagram for the #dogphotoaday challenge.
• pick the winner of the Grand Giveaway for the November blog series, “30 Days of Christmas Ornaments”.
• decorate my house for Christmas.
• decorate the dog’s tree for Christmas.
• make birthday cards for December birthdays.
• prep, work and post December Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• take Mindy to the vet for a procedure. Prayers and good thoughts appreciated.
• make Christmas gifts for friends.
• begin making Christmas cards to send out.
• teach a Girl Scout troop how to bind a book.
• post movie list of “25 Christmas movies” for 2014.
• begin watching Christmas movies.
My favorite quote from the week: “Do you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears?” Unknown.
I’m assuming that there will be lots of dog movies on your Christmas movie list. Even though Ellie and I have already seen these, we don’t think Mindy has. And she needs to.