Welcome to Saturday Snippets. This is where I share links and odd bits of info from the past week.
1. I’ve used the Map My Run App for a while now, but I’ve never signed up for one of the challenges. Until this week. Purina Pro Plan is hosting the Run for Rescues. They want to log one million miles between September 29 and October 28. When that happens, Purina will contribute a one-time donation of 10,000 meals of Purina Pro Plan to shelter and rescue organizations. Every dog walk or run that is at least 15 minutes or more counts toward the goal.
2. Watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier a couple of nights ago. Really enjoyed it.
3. Started the sixteenth book in a series surrounding a needlework shop called Crewel World set in Excelsior, Minnesota. Just as with the Tea Shop Mysteries, this collection of books deals with the world of needlework, fibers and stitching. I’m halfway through And Then You Dye and already I’ve learned a significant amount about dyeing fabrics with vegetables.
4. I’m going to take part in the Caring Hearts Card Drive hosted by Jennifer McGuire Ink. Here’s what Jennifer has to say, “The holidays are about family, kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly who lives in nursing homes would really feel the loneliness or missing their family. Wouldn’t it be so awesome if we can bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten.”
5. Maybe it’s because I’m deep into a book all about needlework, but I thought this blog post from Wild Olive about how to keep your embroidery stitches even is brilliant. Check it out.
Well that’s all the snippets I have for today. Have a wonderful Saturday,
1. Lose the rest of my weight and increase my fitness. Last year I lost a lot of weight with combination of diet and exercise. I have about another 40 lbs to go and I want to be done with the ‘losing’ and start ‘maintaining’. My diet is very strict (diabetic), so the only area I can improve on is fitness.
Not sure what a snippet is, but if it’s anything to do with walking and playing ball, I’m all over it.