Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 1.11-1.17
• called my Grandpa in England.
• finally took down my Christmas decorations.
• prepped and posted January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• made progress with tidying my craft room.
• paid bills.
• knitted at Starbucks with a bunch friends.
• worked on my Journal52 Art Journal (Quest46 #7)
• mailed off cards to the daily winners of my January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• almost finished reading Unbroken. What an intense book!
• had lunch with my mom and her dog Jefferson.
• started reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler.
• still working on the #clutterfree30 challenge on Instagram with @cleanmama. It’s a great exercise – one I’m sure I’ll repeat.
• walked the dogs everyday. Decided to keep track of our walks on a calendar. So far for 2015: 13 out of 17.
• still working on Margaret’s scarf.
Walk On | Week of 1.18-1.24
• call my Grandpa in England.
• knit and drink coffee with friends.
• make more dog beds and collars to sell on Etsy
• list my cards in my Etsy shop.
• skype/knit with my friend who lives in San Diego.
• continuing my Photo-a-day challenge.
• celebrate my sister-in-law’s and my mom-in law’s birthdays.
• mail Margaret’s scarf.
• make and post January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• continue with #clutterfree30 challenge.
• work on Quest46.
My favorite quote from the week: “Throw kindness around like confetti.” Unknown.
We like it when Jefferson comes to visit. Is he our uncle?