Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 12.28-1.3
• called my Grandpa in England.
• finished birthday cards for December/January birthdays.
• spent a couple of crafty days with my niece.
• prepped January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• started the #clutterfree30 challenge on Instagram with @cleanmama
• watched movies and celebrated New Year’s eve with friends.
• started the monumental task of tidying my craft room. Wish me luck!
• continued reading Unbroken.
• walked the dogs everyday. Decided to keep track of our walks on a calendar. So far for 2015: 2 out of 3.
• worked on Margaret’s scarf.
Walk On | Week of 1.4-1.10
• call my Grandpa in England.
• get my hair cut.
• put away Christmas decorations.
• knit and drink coffee with friends.
• make more dog beds and collars to sell on Etsy.
• continuing my Photo-a-day challenge.
• post January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• continue with #clutterfree30 challenge.
• work on Quest46.
My favorite quote from the week: “Give people high fives for just getting out of bed. Being a person is hard sometimes.” Kid President.
We’re a little concerned about our toys especially since mom is in a decluttering mood. We’re hoping it’s just a phase.