Welcome to Saturday Snippets. This is where I share links and odd bits of info from the past week.
1. I was knitting this week with some friends at our local coffee shop and one of the gals that works there came over to see what we were knitting. We showed her our projects and I asked her if she knits. She said she knit socks, specifically tube socks and offered to email me the pattern. I asked her if she knew about Ravelry and she exclaimed, “Ravelry is the best thing EVER.” I totally agree, so I thought I would share Ravelry with you. It’s a website devoted to knitting and crochet. You can search for patterns, yarns, load your projects, your needles and your patterns, magazines and books. (All knitting-crochet related).
2. Ever want to know what a word looks like in different fonts? Use Wordmark.it can help you with that. Just type in the word or phrase you want to see and Wordmark.it uploads your fonts so you can scroll through your choices. Pretty cool.
3. This is a great talk given by Elise Blaha Cripe, a craft/lifestyle blogger . It’s worth your time.
4. Ever seen Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee? Basically Jerry Seinfeld calls famous comedians, invites them for coffee then picks them up in vintage, rare, and unique cars. They spend anywhere from 11-19 minutes talking, drinking coffee and driving. It’s awesome.
5. Always wanted to go to art school? Well now you can, sort of. Sign up with Derwent Academy. Derwent, a British company, makes art supplies and this is what their art academy has to say: “Sign up to the Derwent Academy FREE mini online course which takes you through step by step tutorials from colour mixing to line and tone.
There are 6 classes to take:
1 – Perspective & shadow
2 – Cross hatching tone and 3D objects
3 – Drawing basic shapes in graphite, line, marks, pencil degrees
4 – Colour wheel in watercolour/ using the pan set to create a simple landscape
5 – Colour & tone – blending colour pencil
6 – Oil pastel, blending, Sgraffito, texture, using solvents
Each time you complete a class, upload your completed drawing for us to critique, then you will receive an email which will unlock the next class and take you through some new techniques. Complete the 6 classes and graduate to receive a certificate from the Academy and a tin of Derwent pencils! Live. Learn. Love art.”
Well that’s all the snippets I have for today. Have a wonderful Saturday,
If you finish that art school thing then you could draw or paint my picture. Just remember this is my best side.