Welcome to Saturday Snippets. This is where I share links and odd bits of info from the past week.
1. As an ardent book lover, I was so excited when I learned about Little Free Libraries. As a worldwide movement, their mission is:
- To promote literacy and the love of reading by building free book exchanges worldwide.
- To build a sense of community as we share skills, creativity and wisdom across generations.
2. Next time you’re in England or Scotland and you need a book, here’s a list of 19 Bookshops every book lover must visit. I’m intrigued by the Book Barge, Word on the Water and the Honesty Bookshop.
3. Next time I travel, I want to fly Air New Zealand.
5. This NPR article on the Slide Rule made me want to watch Apollo 13. One of my favorite scenes is where Jim Lovell, while under the pressure and threat of imminent death, performs the required calculations to activate Aquarius, in his head, while trying to keep himself and the rest of his crew alive. He asks Mission Control to double check his numbers, which they do with slide rules and pronounce his calculations accurate.
Well that’s all the snippets I have for today. Have a wonderful Saturday,
Learn 12 new recipes. Because our diet has changed so radically in the past 11 months, we tend to eat the same dishes every week. It’s time to expand our horizons and learn a new recipe each month.
Did you say “new recipes”? I’ve been meaning to talk to you about the predictability of our kibble. Could use a little something.