Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 5.31-6.6
• still watching West Wing again (for the 3rd time). Only 2 seasons to go.
• finished the May photo-a-day challenge.
• watched a friend’s dog for a few days.
• continued reading Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton.
• walked the dogs. Decided to keep track of our walks on a calendar. So far for 2015: 134 out of 159.
• watched Return to Me for the bazillionth time. Such a good movie.
• designed a flyer for my aunt’s business.
• finally wrote to my pen pal. I took so long, I’m in the running for the award for “worst pen pal ever”.
• skyped and knit with my friend in San Diego.
• finished re-organizing the hall closet for the Clean Mama Simple Summer Challenge. I’ll post about it in a few days.
• finished a dog bed, collar and Sockee Poo for a donation to a dog rescue.
• continued with the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• still working on Margaret’s scarf.
Walk On | Week of 6.7-6.13
• call my grandpa in England (I missed him this week).
• continue with the Photo-a-day challenge for June.
• watch a dog for a friend who is sick.
• continue to work on Margaret’s scarf.
• start embroidering the first panel of Mike’s Dr. Who Quilt.
• continue to make the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• have a sleep over at my house with my mom, her two dogs and my niece. Eek! So much fun.
• continue to organize my craft room. I work on this all the time. It’s taking so long because I’ve re-organizing sections and trying to make things more efficient. One day it will be done.
• continue with the Clean Mama Simple Summer Challenge.
• start posting some items to Etsy.
• continue reading Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton.
• Skype and knit with a friend.
• work on Quest46.
My favorite quote from the week: “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
Rusty’s awesome. Can he come over to play again?