Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 3.8-3.14
• helped a friend’s daughter how to make a pattern and a project from the pattern. She did so awesome.
• did half of a mini Spring Cleaning of my house. Wanted to do more, but plans changed with Mike being sick. That’s life.
•didn’t speak to my grandpa this week. He’s doing great; I just had a busy week with a sick husband.
• took the car in to have a nail removed from the tire. Love America’s Tire.
• took Mindy for a heartworm test after being treated for heartworm. She’s all healed and clear!!!!! Blog post to come about this little saga in our lives.
• continued tidying my craft room. Organized all scrap paper by color into bins. Woohoo!!
• continued reading Platform by Michael Hyatt.
• celebrated Woody’s 13th birthday with a nice long walk and some tasty treats.
• took Mike the the doctor after a week of a nasty cold. She confirmed that it’s just a nasty cold and not bronchitis.
• walked the dogs almost everyday. Decided to keep track of our walks on a calendar. So far for 2015: 67 out of 73.
• got my hair cut.
• ran the inventory at an auction fundraiser. Fun time with friends.
• continued with the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• still working on Margaret’s scarf.
• worked on and posted projects for MakeMadness.
Walk On | Week of 3.15-3.21
• call my Grandpa in England.
• knit and drink coffee with friends.
• keep up with the Photo-a-day challenge for March.
• continue to work on Margaret’s scarf.
• need to make and post cards from January Card Series || Cards for 2015 in my Etsy shop. Still working on this. Keep getting distracted by life.
• do the rest of the mini Spring clean of my house.
• pay bills.
• work with a friend making Easter baskets for our church’s Easter Fair.
• continue to make the Ripple Crochet Blanket for a wedding gift.
• continue to organize my craft room. You’re probably wondering when I’ll be done with this. Me too.
• Skype and knit with a friend.
• continue reading Platform by Michael Hyatt.
• work on Quest46.
• work on and post projects for MakeMadness.
My favorite quote from the week: “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” Christopher Morley.
I could pick your voice out of a crowd, mom.