Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 1.4-1.10
• called my Grandpa in England.
• set up gift bags for birthdays for 2015.
• had my hair cut.
• prepped and posted January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• went with my mom and my niece to Hobby Lobby. It was my niece’s first time and we were both in awe. (I’m always in awe)
• made progress with tidying my craft room.
• knitted at Starbucks with a bunch friends.
• worked on my Journal52 Art Journal (Quest46 #7)
• mailed off cards to the daily winners of my January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• continued reading Unbroken. What an intense book!
• still working on the #clutterfree30 challenge on Instagram with @cleanmama. You can’t imagine the stuff I’m finding! Or if you know me, maybe you can ;-).
• so thankful for the sunshine this week. My amaryllis is really grateful also.
• walked the dogs everyday. Decided to keep track of our walks on a calendar. So far for 2015: 7 out of 10.
• skyped/knitted with my friend who lives in San Diego.
• worked on Margaret’s scarf.
• had another sewing lesson with my friend’s daughter. She’s doing a fabulous job. She made a pillow for her doll’s bed.
Walk On | Week of 1.11-1.17
• call my Grandpa in England.
• still need to put away Christmas decorations. This needs to happen this week because they’re starting to blend into our decor.
• knit and drink coffee with friends.
• make more dog beds and collars to sell on Etsy
• list my cards in my Etsy shop.
• pay bills.
• skype/knit with my friend who lives in San Diego.
• continuing my Photo-a-day challenge.
• celebrate my sister-in-law’s birthday.
• mail Margaret’s scarf.
• make and post January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• continue with #clutterfree30 challenge.
• work on Quest46.
My favorite quote from the week: “I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine.” Neil Armstrong.
Are we going to be making up any of those missed walks?