Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 12.21-12.27
• called my Grandpa in England.
• made birthday cards for December/January birthdays.
• almost finished with December Photo-a-day challenge.
• celebrated Ellie’s 9th birthday. Love that girl.
• prepped January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• sent out Christmas cards.
• watched Santa Buddies, Home Alone, A Nine Dog Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Christmas Vacation.
• spent Christmas eve with Mike’s family. Even had our picture taken with Santa.
• went to Christmas eve service at our church. On the way home we drove by houses decorated with beautiful lights.
• began teaching a friend’s daughter how to sew with her brand new sewing machine.
• went to see The Hobbit on Christmas day with Mike.
• started reading Unbroken.
• walked the dogs everyday. Christmas day was the best. The sky was so blue and the air crisp.
• started Margaret’s scarf.
Walk On | Week of 12.28-1.3
• call my Grandpa in England.
• spend a couple of days with my niece. I’m sure we’ll be crafting like crazy.
• go to a birthday party for a dear friend.
• make more dog beds and collars to sell on Etsy.
• continuing my Photo-a-day challenge.
• prep and post January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• movie marathon on New Year’s eve with friends.
• give the house a nice deep clean. It’s been sorely neglected these past few weeks.
My favorite quote from the week: “Focus on making yourself better, not on thinking that you are better.” Bohdi Sanders.
Woody here. Ellie was going to tell you how much she enjoyed her birthday, but as you can see you partied a little too hard. I’m sure she’ll tell you tomorrow.