Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 11.30-12.6
• Finished the 30 Days of Christmas Ornaments Blog Series. Announced the Grand Give-away winner – Pam R.
• gave Pam R. her 30 ornaments. Congratulations Pam!
• called my Grandpa in England.
• Decided to move my Card Series || Cards for 2015 to January. Good decision!
• continued to read The God Ask: A Fresh, Biblical Approach to Personal Support Raising with Mike. Even though this book is really for Mike and his work, I’m already thinking about ways I can help with this. I’m really excited for him.
• paid bills
• sold a dog bed on Etsy. Gotta love that!
• had lunch with my mom-in-law and a friend. So great to hang out with them.
• watched White Christmas, While You Were Sleeping, Love Actually, The Muppet Christmas Carol, The Holiday
• took Mindy to the vet for a procedure. She handled everything beautifully, but was very happy to come home.
• celebrated my birthday with two other friends who have early December birthdays.
• did my first “Thinking of You” Gift for Quest 46 (#11). So much fun!
• walked the dogs everyday.
• finish and mail Sara’s gift for the Craftaholics Anonymous Handmade Gift Exchange. I can show you now because she already has it. I made her a bracelet that included paper beads made from book pages. She’s a librarian that likes pink and jewelry.
• did not get around to decorating the house yet. Will be done this week.
• worked on a knitting project. Details to come later.
• prepped materials and make a sample notebook for a class I taught to a couple of Girl Scout troops. This was for their Book Artist Badge. And as a thank you, they gave me an honorary badge plus a Crafting Diva badge. Now I’m going to have to make myself a sash.
Walk On | Week of 12.7-12.13
• call my Grandpa in England.
• make more dog beds and collars to sell on Etsy.
• taking part in a December Photo-a-day challenge. A bit behind, but catching up quickly.
• decorate my house for Christmas.
• decorate the dog’s tree for Christmas.
• set up the dog’s Advent Calendar. We’re woefully behind, but it has dog treats so I don’t think they’ll complain too much.
• make birthday cards for December birthdays.
• prep January Card Series || Cards for 2015.
• make Christmas gifts for friends.
• join a group at church to sing Christmas carols at two nursing homes.
• prep for Christmas get-together with my side of the family.
• begin making Christmas cards to send out.
• continue watching Christmas movies.
• finish Christmas shopping.
• give the house a good clean.
My favorite quote from the week: “Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently.” Henry Ford.
I’ve never had an Advent Calendar before. Do you think it’s something I’ll like?