Every now and then when I’m walking dogs, I will just stop, ask them to sit for about 30 seconds and then I will say “walk on”. That is there cue to start walking again. I do this for a couple of reasons: 1. They’re super focused when they’re on the walk and I like to know I can get their attention any time I need it. 2. It’s good to continue to incorporate training into their daily routines. Just as we need to continue to refine our skills, so must dogs.
This always reminds me how important it is for me to pause and reflect on the past week and then think about the next one as I “walk on”.
Paws | Week of 10.12-10.18
• celebrated my brother’s 44th birthday.
• Skyped and knit with a friend in San Diego. Such a great way to keep in touch.
• designed 3 Christmas cards to make for upcoming Pinterest Party.
• took Ellie to the vet to have a broken tooth removed. Turns out there were 3 broken teeth. Made mushy kibble meals for her all week. Yum!
• balanced the checkbook and paid bills.
• learned how to make decorative bows using the Bowdabra.
• returned library books via my computer.
• worked on a book binding class for my friends Girl Scout troop.
• finished dog beds for Woody and Ellie.
• finished reading book #17 by Monica Ferris, The Drowning Spool
• had dinner with our oldest friends, their parents and our parents. Such a great evening strolling down memory lane.
• went to my niece’s soccer game and saw her score a goal!
Walk On | Week of 10.19-10.25
• plan and prepare for my Mom’s 70th birthday.
• continue to work on a book binding class for my friends Girl Scout troop.
• call my Grandpa in England.
• make dog beds to sell on Etsy.
• prepare my Pen Pal Kit for my new pen pal in Australia.
• make collars for Woody and Ellie.
• prep and paint exterior lights.
• start laying pavers in the backyard.
• start reading Shattered by Dani Pettrey
My favorite quote from the week: “Never mistake motion for action.” Ernest Hemingway.
Make birthday cards for family and friends. I used to do this all the time and really love it. Designing the Christmas cards this week reminded me how much I enjoy the process.
I love my new bed. It’s so squishy soft; I could just hang out here all day. Thanks mom.