If you knew me, you’d know that I’m a person that really likes things in order. Themes make me giddy and anything you can put in a list fills me with a great calm. That being said, there are days where the orderliness of life becomes a bit mundane and frankly mind-numbing.
I have been experiencing a bit of that lately, so I decided to inject some ‘randomeness’ into my life. I discovered that online you can find websites that will randomly generate just about anything. I originally started looking because of an idea I have brewing that I’ll share in a few weeks, but soon discovered that generating random stuff it quite a phenomenon.
I happen to love words, so I used this random-verb generator to give me ten verbs that I then used to describe my life at the current moment. Granted these are only significant to me and quite possibly boring to you, but it’s a great way to get my creativity flowing.
Here’s my list:
- Listening to the birds chirping. An incredibly relaxing sound.
- Wishing there were more hours in the day.
- Knitting up a square for orphans in South Africa.
- Closing in on completing a series of blog posts.
- Hoping I can get through my ‘ToDo’ List this week.
- Living with two cute doggies and one awesome husband.
- Switching the route that I walk the dogs. Just for some variety.
- Discovering the ways God wants me to serve others.
- Wondering if I’ll ever be done with laundry.
- Turning up the volume during the 2nd movement of Beethoven’s 7th Symphony.
I was amazed that the word ‘knitting’ showed up in the list. Kind of like the random-verb generator knows me. Huh!
It’s a great exercise to force me to be present and think about the moment I’m in. I have lots that I’m going to be sharing in the coming days and wanted to ease myself back into your ‘blog-reading’ lives with this post.
Give it a whirl and leave a comment with some of your randomly generated words.
We’re not surprised the word ‘knitting’ came up. We are flabbergasted that ‘dog’, ‘walk’, ‘treat’, ‘kibble’, ‘bone’ weren’t on the list. We think you need to find a better random-word generator.
Oh and while we’re on the subject, we’d love a treat.