If you knew me, you’d know that I’m a person that really likes things in order. Themes make me giddy and anything you can put in a list fills me with a great calm. That being said, there are days where the orderliness of life becomes a bit mundane and frankly mind-numbing.
I have been experiencing a bit of that lately, so I decided to inject some ‘randomeness’ into my life. I discovered that online you can find websites that will randomly generate just about anything. I originally started looking because of an idea I have brewing that I’ll share in a few weeks, but soon discovered that generating random stuff it quite a phenomenon.
I happen to love words, so I used this random-verb generator to give me ten verbs that I then used to describe my life at the current moment. Granted these are only significant to me and quite possibly boring to you, but it’s a great way to get my creativity flowing.
Here’s my list:
- Listening to the birds chirping. An incredibly relaxing sound.
- Wishing there were more hours in the day.
- Knitting up a square for orphans in South Africa.
- Closing in on completing a series of blog posts.
- Hoping I can get through my ‘ToDo’ List this week.
- Living with two cute doggies and one awesome husband.
- Switching the route that I walk the dogs. Just for some variety.
- Discovering the ways God wants me to serve others.
- Wondering if I’ll ever be done with laundry.
- Turning up the volume during the 2nd movement of Beethoven’s 7th Symphony.
I was amazed that the word ‘knitting’ showed up in the list. Kind of like the random-verb generator knows me. Huh!
It’s a great exercise to force me to be present and think about the moment I’m in. I have lots that I’m going to be sharing in the coming days and wanted to ease myself back into your ‘blog-reading’ lives with this post.
Give it a whirl and leave a comment with some of your randomly generated words.
Oh and while we’re on the subject, we’d love a treat.